FLIR E50bx Compact Thermal CameraThe FLIR E50bx thermal imaging camera is a compact, lightweight, easy to use thermal imager designed for everyday electrical / mechanical inspections by the novice or intermediate thermographer. It includes all the features of the entry level FLIR E30 thermal imager and adds several important on-screen analysis tools, enhanced visualization and communications/reporting features required for more demanding applications.
Model Update (February 2012)FLIR has quietly rolled out a second update to their entire line of E-series cameras. The biggest enhancement is the material changes moving away from previous cameras. This means replacing plastic parts with metal, in order to make all of the E-series rated to withstand damage from a 2-meter drop. The port cover for the video and USB cables is no longer a rigid plastic gate, but a robust rubber shield that adds to the E50bx’s existing IP54 dustproof and waterproof rating
- brighter LCD screen
- control pad has been repositioned
- upgraded battery lid
- upgraded focus grip
- upgraded top cover
- upgraded display cover
- hand-strap holder for lanyards and wrist-ties
FLIR E50bx Key Features :
Building Inpsection ModelAs part of the FLIRbx line, this version of the E50 has a more specific temperature range. It also features a dew point alarm and an insulation alarm to indicate where problem areas may be developing.
TemperatureThe FLIR E50bx features a 160x120 IR sensor (19,200 temperature measurement points) which updates at 60Hz and delivers temperature measurement with <0.045°C thermal sensitivity and 2% accuracy. It features one temperature range suitable for building inspection applications from -4°F to 248°F (-20°C to 120°C)
HardwareThermal images are displayed on a 3.5” touch screen with large backlit buttons that fits a bare hand or gloves. The battery is a Lithium Ion battery that lasts 4 hours continuous use. Memory comes in the form of a 2GB microSD card that stores 1000 images including thermographic data. The manual focus lens is easy-to-use and with a minimum distance of just 4 inches so it can be used for close-up targets. The E50bx features a Visual Light Lamp and Laser Indicator that makes inspecting low light areas easy by illuminating the area and providing a reference point that is directly on the thermal image. Adding the 3.1MP Camera gives you the capability of having a standard visual light image and corresponding thermal image in your reports for reference.
Measurement Modes & On-Screen AnalysisThis infrared camera offers 5 measurement modes:
- moveable spots
- 3 area boxes with min/max indicators
- auto hot/cold spot
- isotherm mode for above or below threshold alarms
- Delta T
Images & VisualizationThermal images can be displayed using any of 6 different color palettes or inverted versions of each one for a total of 12 different palettes: Arctic, Gray, Iron, Lava, Rainbow, and Rainbow High Contrast
Scalable Picture in Picture mode is also available in the E50bx, placing your thermal display inside a visible image to easily link your thermal data to what you can see with your eyes. You can even do a full fusion between the two images layered on top of each other.
CommunicationsSupports Meterlink with Extech family instruments: Meterlink connects your FLIR camera with select Extech meters via Bluetooth, transmitting readings that add value and insight to your infrared inspections and reports. Quickly locate problems with electrical components such as motors, fuses, breaker panels and more.
The FLIR E50bx can also communicate with an iphone, iPad, or Android device using FLIR tools mobile app. This resource allows you to transfer radiometric images wirelessly, assemble a report on your mobile device, and email it without having to sit down in front of a PC. The other new feature for the E series is the ability to stream the video output of your camera directly onto the iPad. This is particularly useful if you’ve ever had a customer trail you through a site trying to look over your shoulder or wanting to hold the camera and see results. Putting a live image on screen in front of them keeps the tool in your hands and lets you work.
Industry-Leading WarrantyThe FLIR E50bx is backed by FLIR Systems' 2-5-10 Protection warranty. A 5-year warranty on the battery, 10-year warranty on the detector (micro-bolometer) and 2 years warranty on the camera.
- Hard transport case
- Infrared camera
- AC Power supply, incl. multi-plug adapters
- Camera lens cap
- USB cable
- Video cable
- Transport case pad lock
- FLIR Tools software CD-ROM
- MicroSD Memory card (incl. MiniSD & SD Adapters)
- Calibration certificate
- Printed Getting Started Guide
- Printed Important Information Guide
- User documentation CD-ROM
- Warranty extension card or Registration card
- 2 years bumper to bumper full coverage
- 5 year battery warranty, full replacement
- 10 year detector (Micro bolometer) coverage
Questions on FLIR E50BX Thermal Imager
- From Reuben Mann at 7/27/12 6:32 AM
- Can you ship the FLIR i7 outside of North America?
- Hello Reuben, unfortunately we cannot ship any of the FLIR Thermal Imagers outside of North America. This is a restriction given to us from the manufacturer. We can ship the Scout series. If you would like to take a look at the Scout series please follow the link http://www.optimumstores.com/scout
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From Michael Mark at 7/27/12 12:54 PM
- From Jeff Raber at 7/31/12 9:28 AM
- What is the part number for the replacement battery?
- The replacement battery for all of the E series camera's will be T197752. Select the following link to view and order http://www.optimumstores.com/flir-t197752-power.html
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From Ashley at 8/3/12 8:39 AM
- From Debbie Cole at 8/3/12 8:39 AM
- From Debbie Cole at 8/3/12 8:40 AM